All the freelance is over, but this critical studies class I’m taking has replaced it in terms of stress inducing time consumption. Luckily I’m taking the class with my other animators, so I get to study-with/look-at them. The midterm was on Monday, and I’m scrambling right now to catch up on Thesis. I’ve finally finally finally gotten to the first scene with a beetle:
I wanted to visually separate the beetles from the rest of the film as soon as they’re introduced. The first step of that is animating them differently, but I was having trouble breaking away from the sort of stiff character animation I’ve been doing for 4 months. So I went back and pulled frames from this old puddy test I did last year.
Here are s’more stills from this week’s scenes:
My next goal is to get on this Inktober truck that Jesse‘s on, making an ink drawing every day in October. If I can manage to keep up my drawing outside of thesis, I think I can avoid the otherwise inevitable relearning-how-to-draw-for-fun phase that has plagued me after every production thus far. I’m already 10 days behind, but I figure the busier I am, the less time I’ll spend dicking around on the internet.