Finally finished with PALM ROT.
Minus some minor sound stuff, it’s good to go – so I’m already submitting to festivals.
Right now I’m cleaning house on some process stuff laying around the apartment, but before I toss it, I’m gonna digitize it.
I made this packet before I started production last June so that I’d be able to keep my head on straight over the next 13 months.
It’s interesting to go through this thing again, because after I got into the swing of production I stopped referring to it. I’d come up against problems in certain scenes and think I was real clever for solving them, but in almost every case I’d written down the solution a year ago.
And because I love behind-the-scenes featurettes, here are some gifs that show the progress of particularly troublesome comps:
A few of the last cool render-errors:
Last thing – when I was home for my birthday back in June my brother Phil gave me the original crate that inspired my thesis.
These jars were filled with flies that went to SPACE.